Sefton Bleasdale Ltd Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides information on how Sefton Bleasdale Ltd acting as the Managing Agent for Sefton Holdings Ltd, Bleasdale Estates Ltd and Fenwick Street Investments Ltd collects, uses, secures, transfers and shares your information. The Bleasdale Group are landlords providing residential and commercial lettings across the North West of England, mainly in Manchester, Liverpool and Wirral.
Sefton Bleasdale Ltd is based at the Head Office:
Bleasdale Business Centre
12 Molyneux Way
Full details can be found on our website: https://www.seftonbleasdale.co.uk/about/
- The Information We Collect
We collect information related to your request to view a property and to make an application for a tenancy, and becoming a tenant.
If you wish to view a property we will collect:
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- If you are employed or in receipt of benefits
- Your income
- Any adverse credit history
To make an application we will use Rentshield to process the information.
Rentshield’s Privacy Notice is here – https://www.rentshielddirect.com/info/privacy-policy https://www.barbon.com/privacy-policy
We will collect:
- Your full name – first name, middle name and surname, any previous name
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Your National Insurance number
- If you have UK National status
- Your nationality
- Your present address and previous address history
- Your residential status
- Your landlord details if currently a tenant
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your bank details
- Credit history and any adverse credit
- Bank statements/credit card statements and/or mortgage statements for the previous 3 months
- Existing mortgage details
- Accountant details and accounts if self employed
- Marital status
- Your employment status
- Your salary
- Your employer’s name, address and telephone number
- Payslips for the previous 3 months
- Dependents names and dates of birth
1.1. Methods of Collection
In the general conduct of business, Sefton Bleasdale Ltd collects information relevant to the viewing a property and becoming a tenant in one of our properties, from:
- Any joint tenant
- Anyone wanting to be a Permitted Occupant in the property
Rentshield will collect information from:
- Trusted sources including Credit/Default Agencies
- Financial Institutes (Banks, Building Societies, Loan Agencies, Credit Card companies)
We will collect information directly over the telephone or website, via email, in our office and through our contractors.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods, including:
- In response to marketing or other communications
- Through social media
- By viewing a property
- By signing up for a tenancy
- In connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship with us
You may also agree to third parties disclosing information about you to us that those third parties have collected.
We collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, when you visit our website. The information we collect in this manner may include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
“Your Rights” section of this Privacy Notice specifies your ability, to opt out or limit the usage of the information collected.
1.2. Purposes of Collection
We will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
- Assessing applications for and providing Sefton Bleasdale Ltd services
- Conducting business, developing relationships with Sefton Bleasdale or the Bleasdale Group
- Process payments and transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation, Clearing, Chargebacks, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection, Complaints, Enquiries, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about our services
- Managing communications, assess effectiveness and optimisation of advertising
- Functionality of our websites
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities
- Comply with industry standards and Sefton Bleasdale policies
Right to Rent Check
We have to comply with the Right to Rent check required for tenants renting a residential property in the UK. We will require a copy of specified identification documents which will be verified in person.
We will require two separate Identification documents one primary and one secondary document even if it appears on both lists. The information may be required at various stages of the tenancy process.
We may employ a third party electronic process to verify identity. This search will not affect your credit rating.
1.3. Lawful basis of processing
Sefton Bleasdale Ltd processes your information for the following purposes:
- Application, agreement and operation of a tenancy agreement
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Sefton Bleasdale Ltd or the Bleasdale Group of companies and we need to process your information as part of this contract
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed as part of legitimate interests: risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, managing opting out of communications, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, sales, core services provided by the data controller
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
- Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with Landlords and contractors.
Vetted affiliates and partners, Insurance Companies for the provision of commercial insurance cover
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements
- Law firms
- Credit agencies
- Perspective employers requesting references via your written consent
Additionally we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities
Where we partner with other bodies not affiliated with Sefton Bleasdale it is recommended that you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
2.1 How long we keep information for
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time to perform the purposes listed above, and only keep your information for as long as necessary. We will keep personal information for 7 years following the last time we had contact with you.
2.3 Your Rights
Your rights regarding the sensitive personal information we keep about you give you choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
Please contact the office to access an access request form.
2.4 Access and Correction
You may have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you
- Request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you
- Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- Have the information blocked, anonymised or deleted
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
2.5 Opting out of processing
You can contact the office in the event that you:
- Feel that the information we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate outlining what information is incorrect or inaccurate
- Want to object to any processing of your information by Sefton Bleasdale outlining what processing of information you would like to object to.
- Would like Sefton Bleasdale to delete, block or anonymise information we hold about you, outlining what information you would like deleted, blocked or anonymised.
- Want to update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information.
You can opt out collection of personal information by automated means e.g. when visiting our website or visit third-party websites and interact with our adverts, by using the Cookie Consent tool displayed in the website (the browser you use may provide options on how to opt out of receiving certain types of cookies). However without cookies you may not be able to use all of the website features and/or online services.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint. We will provide you with access to information we hold about you.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2.6 Withdrawal of consent
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. Sefton Bleasdale will apply your preferences going forward. However, as a tenant, the right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements and you will be informed appropriately
3 How to Contact Us / Complaints and Feedback
If you make a complaint about a breach of your personal information, applicable privacy laws and principles or a concern about Sefton Bleasdale privacy practices, would like access and/or update information or preferences you provided to us, you can you can email: email@example.com
Or write to Marcus Bleasdale, Managing Director.
To assist us in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue. We attempt to review and respond to all complaints within a reasonable time.
If we cannot for lawful reasons complete your request we will explain this to you to the extent that we lawfully can.
3.1 How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important to Sefton Bleasdale and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We operate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption on a number of our websites from which we transfer certain personal information.
Sefton Bleasdale stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary to meet the purpose and reason to collect the personal information, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it, or it is required by law.
4 Updating this privacy statement
We will update the statement and any changes will be posted on the website. In the case of any major changes, we will endeavour to contact you if you are a tenant or employee or contractor. May 2018